It frequently amazes us that people so often do not realise the beauty of buying an exquisite pair of great secondhand/pre-loved curtains which would save them many hundreds of pounds, sometimes thousands, over having the same curtains made from new by a curtain maker.
Our process that we use for clients who ask us to sell their curtains seems to work well and is explained below and our Selling Terms and Conditions can be accessed from the link at the bottom of this page: -
 - Please contact us through the Contact Us Form on this website and give us some basic details of the curtains you have for sale. This means we will have a proper record of your request. Please include a contact phone number and where you live with your question/initial information.
 - We will send you an email reply asking you to send us some pictures of the curtains, including at least one close up, and give us approximate details of the size(s) and condition etc. of your curtains. PLEASE NOTE THAT CURRENTLY WE DO NOT TAKE IN CURTAINS SHORTER THAN 90 INS OR 229 CMS LONG, BLINDS OF ANY DESCRIPTION OR SHORT CURTAINS.
 - If we think we, acting as your agents, can sell your (full-length) curtains and you are local to us, we will invite you to visit our St Albans Showroom so we can physically see the curtains before agreeing the likely selling price etc. Alternatively it may be possible for us, time constraints allowing, to pick up from you if it is within easy driving range of our showroom.
N.B. OUR ST ALBANS BARN SHOWROOM IS OPEN ON WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY MORNINGS from 10AM to 1PM. PLEASE RING FIRST TO CONFIRM WE ARE THERE AND SO WE CAN BOOK YOU IN!!
 - If you live too far away for a visit but still want us to sell your curtains we can arrange for you to send the curtains to us via Courier and we generally use Parcelforce or UPS when sending out curtains. If you are considering this option please let us know beforehand and we will give you the address where to send the curtains and one or more labels as required. Please do NOT send curtains to us until we have seen pictures and discussed the likelihood of us being able to sell them on your behalf. If this is an option we will provide you with the label (s) once you have boxed the curtains and given us the weight and the dimensions of the box(es). The cost of the label(s) will initially be borne by us and this cost, which will include the cost of Insurance for the transit of the curtains, will be split 50 /50 and we will recover our share of this cost once the first pair of curtains has sold.
 - Once we have agreed to try and sell your curtains we will keep your curtains for up to 6 months and do our level best to obtain the highest possible price for them as this benefits you and us jointly. We will give you a valuations range (e.g £250-£300) for each pair of curtains we agree to try and sell for you.
 - If your curtains sell we will contact you for your bank details as all our payments are made directly into your bank account and we do our accounts once per month, usually during the second/third week of the month following when your curtains sell. However please do read item 1.7 of the Selling Terms and Conditions which refers to this.
 - Just occasionally curtains just don't sell but either way please read and take note of our SELLING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Thank you for taking the time to read these terms and conditions.
Return to HOME Page.