Selling Second Hand/Pre-loved Curtains with Divinely Vintage
It frequently amazes us that people so often do not realise the beauty of buying an exquisite pair of great secondhand/pre-loved curtains which would save them many hundreds of pounds, sometimes thousands, over having the same curtains made from new by a curtain maker.
We have a very straight forward process that we use for clients who ask us to sell their curtains and it seems to work well and which is explained below and our Selling Terms and Conditions are at the bottom of this page: -
 - Please contact us through the Contact Us Form on this website and give us some basic details of the curtains you have for sale. This also means we will have a record of your request. Please include your phone number and where you live with your question/inital information.
 - We will send you a reply and ask you to send us some pictures of the curtains, including at least one close up, and give us approximate details of the size(s) and condition etc. of your curtains. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT TAKE IN BLINDS OF ANY DESCRIPTION OR SHORT CURTAINS.
 - If we think we, acting as your agents, can sell your (full-length) curtains we will arrange to meet you at our Stamford showroom or, if you are local to us, we will invite you to visit our St Albans Showroom or visit you to physically see the curtains before agreeing the likely selling price etc. Alternatively it may be possible for us, time constraints allowing, to pick up from you if it is near to one of our three locations where we sell our curtains.
N.B. WE ARE GENERALLY AT STAMFORD ON A WEDNESDAY BUT PLEASE ALWAYS RING FIRST TO CONFIRM. OUR ST ALBANS BARN SHOWROOM IS OPEN ON TUESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY MORNINGS from 10AM to 1PM.
If you live too far away for a visit you can send the curtains to us via Courier and we generally use MyHermes or UPS (via Interparcel.com) when sending out curtains. If you are considering this option please let us know beforehand and we will give you the address where to send the curtains. Please do NOT send curtains to us until we have seen pictures and discussed the likelihood of us being able to sell them on your behalf.
 - Once we have agreed to try and sell your curtains we will do our level best to obtain the highest possible price for them as this benefits you and us jointly.
 - If your curtains sell we will contact you for your bank details as all our payments are made directly into your bank account and we do our accounts once per month, usually during the second/third week of the month following when your curtains sell. However please do read item 1.7 of the Selling Terms and Conditions which refers to this.
 - Just occasionally curtains just don't sell but either way please read and take note of our SELLING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Return to HOME Page.